Are you frightened by an alarming hair loss? Is hair loss giving you nightmares? Well, fret not; this blog is going to elaborate on coconut oil, which has been considered as an age-old remedy for hair problems such as hair thinning, hair loss and dry scalp. Coconut oil is quite the one-stop solution for most of the hair problems. It is known to possess anti-microbial, anti-bacterial properties and emollient properties. Hence it is highly recommended that you use coconut oil for hair loss issues.
Let us have a close look at the numerous benefits of coconut oil and the reasons why millions of people use it as a natural treatment for hair loss.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Hair care for dry hair: All the people who have dry and rough hair can substantially benefit from the use of coconut oil. Using strong hair care products such as cleansers, toners, conditioners and shampoos rip your hair off its moisture and lead to hair loss. Application of coconut oil can prove to be effective in protecting your hair from such kind of hair loss.
- Coconut oil is packed with Lauric Acid: Coconut oil has been known to contain Lauric Acid. It is supportive of cellular health and hormonal health. The Lauric acid binds the protein in your hair and prevents your hair roots and strands from breakage.
- Anti-bacterial/ anti-fungal properties: Coconut has anti-bacterial properties that protect your hair against any hair loss due to any bacterial or fungal infections. It helps to maintain your hair’s overall nourishment.
- Coconut oil is an anti-dandruff agent: If you are someone who occasionally or chronically suffers from a hair loss problem due to a dandruff problem. Coconut oil for hair loss is highly recommended in such a case because it soothes the chronic problem, eases the symptoms of dandruff, keeps the scalp moisturized, and restores your hair health.
- Coconut oil is an excellent conditioner: While expensive branded conditioners and store-bought commercial conditioners coat your hair with harsh chemicals and leave your hair feeling conditioned and smooth on the surface, they don’t really do anything to enhance your hair health in any way. On the other hand, coconut oil has a deep-rooted It works on the inside of your hair in order to lock the moisture in your hair for a longer period leading to your hair health enhancement.
- Massaging with coconut oil: Massaging your scalp for about 15 minutes for at least 3 times a week can substantially improve blood circulation. Good blood circulation will keep your roots healthy and improve their capability to appropriately absorb nutrients and gain nourishment. Massaging can dramatically improve your hair health and reduce hair loss.
- Protection against external factors: Just like skin, hair is also sensitive to sun rays, pollutants, toxins, excess heat and the like. Coconut oil acts as a natural sunscreen. It enters the hair shaft and protects it against obnoxious external factors.
Now that you know the impressive benefits of choosing to use coconut oil for treating hair loss, you can read along to master a few easy to apply coconut oil hair packs to protect your crowning glory. These coconut hair masks are simple to cook up and require minimum time and effort.
Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice Hair Mask
For those of you who specifically suffer hair loss due to skin infections causing dandruff, this hair mask is extremely beneficial. All you require is 4 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Mix these two ingredients well. Apply it all over your scalp. Keep it for about 15- 30 minutes. Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
Coconut Oil and Avacado Hair Mask
If you have frizzy or dry hair, then this hair mask is what you need. To make this mask, you will require 1tbsp coconut oil, 1 ripe avocado, ¼ cup of milk. Make a smooth avocado puree without any lumps. Add coconut oil and milk to this puree and mix well. Apply this mixture to your hair and leave it up to 20-30 minutes. Ensure that you wash your hair with your regular shampoo using lukewarm water. Ensure that you remove any Avocado residue.
Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Hair Mask
If you are facing a scary hair loss and want to invest time and effort to regrow the volume of your beautiful tresses, then this hair mask is definitely your deal. To prepare this mask, you will need 1tbsp of coconut oil and 1tbsp of Aloe Vera. Mix the Aloe Vera and coconut oil to form a hair gel. Apply this gel to your hair, scalp and the tips of your hair. Keep it on for at least an hour. Then rinse your hair with your regular shampoo and lukewarm water. This hair mask helps keep hair fall at bay and leaves your hair glossy.
Coconut Oil and Egg Hair Mask
If you wish to add protein to your hair follicles, strengthen your mane and keep hair loss at bay, then this hair mask should be your new best friend. You need 1 egg and 1tbsp coconut oil to prepare this two-ingredient hair mask. Beat the egg well and add the coconut oil to it. Apply the mixture to the full length of your hair and all over your scalp. Let it settle down for 20 minutes and then rinse your hair with cool water and a mild shampoo.
Losing hair can be frustrating and can wound your pride, ego, and joy. Don’t let a problem like hair loss hit you so hard and benefit from the properties of coconut oil by using these life-changing hair masks. Believe it or not, coconut oil can make an elephant task of reducing hair fall and keeping your hair healthy very simple.